- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Programs and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, click Internet Information Services
- Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > CGI, tick the checkbox next to CGI and then click OK.
- When the installation finishes, go to start menu and search for inetmgr
- You can start creating the websites on your home computer
- To see if your IIS server working, go to your favorite browser and type in “http://localhost” , this directs you to the default page on your IIS server
- If the above link doesn’t work, type in your IP Address in address bar which can be found by entering the “ipconfig” command in your command prompt window.